- spent all night last Sunday saying goodbye to and later in the week burying our dear friend
- spent two days with our youngest son in the hospital and the other three in and out of doctor's offices
- got to write a check for more than $1200 for car repairs
- celebrated two of our son's birthday's with a party that couldn't be postponed
- welcomed a new puppy into our home
In between all that we tried to work honorably at our full time jobs and keep some normalcy for our boys.
To say it's been a difficult week doesn't begin to describe.
I know part of me and Rex both just wanted to stop everything- turn life off for a bit so we could catch our breath and grieve.
But life doesn't stop for us because it ended for our friend. So, through the heaviness of heart we kept moving. From what seemed like one crisis to the next, we kept moving with Psalm 61 close to our thoughts and hearts..
"Hear my cry, O God, attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.... I will trust in the shelter of your wings"
With Danny and his wisdom on our minds we were intentional not to miss an opportunity to say I love you. Our steps this week included a little more appreciation for little things and the people we may have taken for granted.
So we went forward and celebrated life.
And there was a glimpse of healing in the Son and in the laughter of children playing and friends chatting and bats swinging and his new puppy. And cake. Lots of cake.
Thanks to my sister for dropping everything and coming "home" to help us put one foot in front of the other this week. With our hearts torn between our boys and our friend- we couldn't have done it without you. You've blessed us abundantly.
|Renee. The sister.|